Jazz Piano Trio / Spanish Guitar

Hello All,
I'm looking to broaden my musical pallet and I'd like to take some baby steps into jazz trios (piano, bass, drums). Please recommend some artists (groups?) that are easily accessible to virgin ears. I'd like to still hear a melodic line somewhere in the song, so nothing to avantgard or "free jazz"ish.... and of course sonic beauty is important as well, so I guess I'd be biased to more recent recordings.
I'm also looking for some recommendations of Spanish guitar artists. NO flamenco please, (yikes, too crazy for my tastes)..... just some beautiful Spanish guitar artists with albums that contain tracks that are solo guitar AND tracks with soft accompaniment.

"Momma let that boy play some rock and roll. Jazz is much too crazy, he can play that when he's old"

Guess I'm there, hehe :(
tgyeti
Great reccomendations. A thread like this can easily cost me $100.

My reccomendation in the jazz department is Jessica Williams "Live at Yoshi's Vol 1." I have 5 of her cd's and have never been dissapointed.
Lots of good suggestions here. I've got a dark horse: Its called 'The Three'. Joe Sample on Piano, Ray Brown on Bass & Shelly Manne on Drums. Released in 1976. Get the Japanese version on the EW Label (There is an inferior US version too). Its a direct cutting disc. Good music and a really really great recording.
Bobo stensons war orphans,Peter erskines as it is,Bill evens you must remember spring.
Do you have an example of what you mean by "Spanish Guitar?"

If you want easily accessible jazz guitarists try Barney Kessel or Charlie Byrd or Herb Ellis. They play together on the album "Great Guitars at the Winery"

Kenny Burrell on Ike Quebec's "Soul Samba"
Jazz Piano:
Keith Jarrett "Live at the Blue Note," The Cure," "Whisper Not"
Bill Charlap "Live at The Village Vanguard"
Kenny Barron "Live at Bradley's and the "Perfect Set"
Mulgrew Miller "Live at The Kennedy Center Volume Two"
Jessica Williams "Live at Yoshi's volume two. To name a few.
If you can find "The Three" its going to cost you, the vinyl version in good condition is going run you anywhere from $35 to $50 or $60.