Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
I know someone who had the M3 and the Sapphire and the latter was a very big improvement. But ultimately he kept blowing tweeters in the Sapphire so he sent it back for a refund. He now owns Forte IIIs.

Oz

" I share your affinity for Klipsch speakers, but it's a bit contradictory to hear you say that cheap amps and zipcord are fine, but that streaming through an ipad isn't. "
  I have a very good reason for my sentiment. I have bought fixed and sold hundreds of sets of Klipsch speakers over the last seven years or so. I insist buyers come here in person and listen to what they are interested in. I also advise them to bring a flash drive with their favorite music so they have a real reference point to go by. At times I can see disappointment on their face and the problem has centered around music file quality. Every iPad that has shown up here with their stored music has been bad. Most flash drive files are also not the best either.
  So I let them flounder for a bit and then I play the same songs, most of the time I have them in my library, on the same speakers and the only difference is the source file. The PC that is used as storage for my files goes to an amp and then to speakers if simple 2 channel or to my Xilica then the amps and then speakers for more complicated sets requiring DSP to sound really good. I plug their file into my PC and so the sound delivery is the same , except for the music file.
  I admonish the iPad users who are the only ones who call after getting their new speakers home and say they don't sound as good as they did at my place. OK, I say, are you using that iPad again just like I told you not too? You know what the answer is. They end up being happy when they break that bad habit. It may not be the inherent capability of the iPad in question perhaps but the files these guys come up with through them sound bad.

Regarding cheap amps. Darned right, if I can buy 200 watts per channel of good clean high quality sound why in the world would I spend ten times as much for a name tag that is no better? I think wasting my money is silly. It's a funny world when live venues concert halls and recording studios use professional amps, Like Crowns just like I do, to produce sound for people. I want that sound so I use that type of equipment. I have yet to see racks of fancy homeowner gear at any of these places. How is it that only expensive amps can accurately reproduce what was  authored on cheapo pro gear hmmm? 

My goal in audio is to get the best possible sound in an economical fashion and you are invited to stop in and see if my efforts are worthwhile over those who spend tons of money for far less. Southern Middle Tennessee is the locale.
@ozzy62 second the good description you gave.

As I see it (or hear as it may be), there is so much great gear out there. All these manufacturers have smart people designing amazing stuff. The difference is in the flavor not the label. That said, someone starts a thread about Cornwall IV’s and people are surprised that others who own and like them are responding with positive feedback?

As always, if possible try before you buy, especially if you can home demo. Opinions and taste can only tell you so much.
mahlman,
We will have to agree to disagree. I believe that amplifiers and sources make a huge difference in sound quality, and about 5 years ago, I actually bought one of the newer Crown amplifiers and it sounded very poor. I returned it quickly. 
We all see and hear things differently.
i am with roxy on this

the better your source and your speakers, the more you hear the difference an amp makes

not subtle... leave aside good tube amps, even in the solid state world, guys like nelson pass john curl and bent holter have not been stealing deaf people’s money all these years with thousands of units sold

there may be some marketing going on, but that does not mean there is not real substance and quality differences underneath it