Klipsch RP-600M II

These speakers just received a glowing review by Herb Reichert in Stereophile, I'm wondering if anyone has heard them if so your thoughts and is there any better at the $649 price point.

johnto

Showing 2 responses by lanx0003

Relatively speaking, RP 600M Mk I has certain limitations despite of rave reviews from HR. The high ends are bright, edgy and forward and the bass is a bit bloated. The unbalanced, overly presence of highs and lows covers up the midrange. Fatique sets in pretty easily after a short time period of listening. On contrary, Mk II is much improved. Tonal balance is right, although the treble is still on a forward side but not offensive. Bass is a bit lighter but also cleaner and, hence, Mk II may need a sub. for movie watching. I would say the Mk II is worth the increase in price IF you like that type of sound signature.

The spec. on the two-way bookshelf speakers like Sierra 2 looks impressive (34hz-27khz) but be cautioned that, with a ribbon tweeter, its mid-range frequency response might be compromised.  Ascend is certainly doing a better job.  This similar limitation is shared by GoldenEar BRX.