Lead shot questions

I have a few questions about lead shot as mass loading for speakers.

Is the shot placed loose internally? Bagged? I really dont like the idea of stacking bags on top of the speaker.

What do you do with the acoustic-fil or liners?

Any pointers on getting the shot inside the speaker? Woofer removal, or input terminal removal, or just a common sense lowest point available?

Lastly, with my B & W CDM-9NTs, do you think it would be a worthwhile endeavor?

Thanks in advance.
distortion
I used steel coated lead shot in the desgnated base compartments of my VR2s to improve the bass response. It appears to have worked well. The steel coating and isolated chamber should keep contamination at bay. I didn't listen to the speakers at length before adding the shot, because it was recommended by VSA as part of setting them up. I can say that they stage very nicely, therefore, I think the deadening effect, if any, is minimal. I just heard a system that was heavily braced both with lead on top and around the bottom with a total of 4 X 25lb bags per speaker which the owner is certain improved the bass response. I can't be sure if the staging was makedly affected because I never heard the system without the loading.
Audiobugged, I agree, 9Lbs will just be an experiment, I dont expect much. Rewiring and upgrading the binding post sounds like a great "tweaker" project. Thanks for the great ideas.

Maril, I am not sure but you could try a local sporting goods store. They may have coated shot for reloading shotgun ammo. You can also buy small bags of loose lead shot in heavy duty bags at a dive shop, though expect to pay more for it. I also saw some stainless steel here on A'gon a few weeks ago, try a search if you're interested.
The Sound Anchor Cradle 9nt bases weigh in at about 22-23 lbs., & come with 4 adhesive Blu-dots that really anchor the speaker base to the stand with 3-4 points. They also spread the base width to 12" x 14". This really isolates the speaker from the floor, & really tightens up the low end.