Leave tube amps always on?

Mark, the owner of Linear Tube Audio, suggested I leave my tube amps on all the time 24/7 if im listenting every day, and to turn them off if not using for a period of time, a few days or for example we go away.  His reasoning was that it uses considerable more energy to turn on/off on a regular basis. 

Do others agree?  Kinda risky since these NOS Mullard tubes ain't cheap and will soon be gone forever.   
aj523
Kevin Deal is the founder/chief of Upscale Audio. Though I am not 100% sure on this, I'm pretty confident he's the guy behind the PrimaLuna brand.
My wife left my Rogue tube amp and pre-amp system on all of the time and it was expensive both in tube replacement and utility expenses. The big amp was like a fireplace! I sold the whole system and replaced it with an Exogal digital power DAC combo and never looked back. The new components sound fantastic, take up very little space, and are cutting edge modern audio design. In my opinion the tube thing is greatly overrated and the tube sound is a likable form of distortion.
@rtorchia Glad you found something you like better. If you like the sound and looks better, that's good enough reason to change. But if the only reason you got rid of your system was because it was hot and awkward, it's clear (a) you could have just turned your system off when not in use and (b) there are other more compact systems using tubes, including by Rogue, such as the Pharaoh. Just adding that for anyone who doesn't glean that your change was not forced by the options out there. There are options out there.
well at least the EE are more likely to have taken and passed Engineering Economics....
and as the dismal science, the ? is how many devils on the head of a pin.

I would cycle the preamp and amp off when not listening within the hour even as my Roger Modjeski designed RM-9 has a >10 k hour tube life.