Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

All of this back and forth about whether or not the tubes without the Global branding are counterfeit or in some way inferior seems kind of nuts to me.  The simplest and most likely explanation is that the tubes are in fact identical, exactly as they appear to be, and they are simply branded differently for different markets.  The Global branding is a deliberate attempt to sow confusion in Western markets so that 1) distributors are willing to invest in distributing them and 2) they can sell at a higher price.

NOS tubes are exactly the same with many Sylvania and GE tubes etc. etc. selling under many brand names for exactly the same tube.

Perhaps Grant Fidelity adds a separate testing step but the idea that they are getting superior tubes seems ridiculous.  If it helps you sleep at night and you are willing to pay more then buy from them.  Or assume the risk of a more difficult  return and buy from an eBay or Aliexpress seller.  But the idea that tubes that are internally identical but have different lettering are functionally different seems ludicrous.

@pinwa NOS tubes are exactly the same with many Sylvania and GE tubes etc. etc. selling under many brand names for exactly the same tube. But the idea that tubes that are internally identical but have different lettering are functionally different seems ludicrous.

REALLY?

My Linlai elite tubes look identical to the ones pictured on Grant Fidelity's site, so I believe pinwa has a point.

I have to say that I’ve been confused about global, non global…… Last night I’m doing some listening,and whatever it’s worth,the Linlai’s that I currently run, sound better in my Motherlode II than any other tube I currently own. Now, I’m not saying that I have experience with 100’s of NOS tubes,and I am the ultimate expert.  I am a relative novice in comparison to others that share their knowledge here.  Other than the cathode material incident, these tubes have been silent, and give me a great textured, full spectrum response with a bigger soundstage than I have experienced before. However,we all hear,and desire something a little different.   I mentioned earlier about the value about ordering from a reputable dealer vs ordering from an epay vendor.  That,of course,still stands.  As with most things in life,proceed with caution, and do what you are comfortable with.