Lo-Fi, Mid-Fi or Hi-Fi- What's your system and why?

I've got a Mid-Fi system. Parasound A21 and P3, Vandersteen 2 CE Sig II speakers, Rega Apollo CD player for transport and Schiit Bifrost Uber for a DAC. Sounds very musical to me, but I could go much farther for sound quality
Rate is your rig- Lo-Fi, Mid-Fi or Hi-Fi. Why do you rate it that way?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2x2psyop

willywonka, I've tried most of what you are talking about, even had the multi-bit in my system. It's a good $300-$600 dac (however you have it configured) but the NuWave DSD DAC is so much better there is no comparison. I new I could never achieve the liveliness, energy and dynamics that I new could be achieved by staying with the Bifrost system.

It's a good dac to get started in computer audio, but for me it's not the end all.

Zman, I’m ot surprised at your findings, considering the Nuwave is over twice the price of the bifrost.

But it would be interesting to compare them in my system😆

Looks like the Gungnir multibit is probaby a better choice as a competing product

Having said that, I am a big fan of PS Audio gear. Great power supplies.
Mid Fi: Wyred 4 Sound DAC2->Mark Levinson ML26->Rogue Magnum M-120 monoblocks->Magnepan 3.3rs (recently recapped and reglued)+REL Brittania Subs.

According to the mags, that system would barely be on the radar since it didn't require a HELOC to buy.

I used to fall asleep with my walkman on auto-reverse in the 80s. I’m lucky I can even hear my system.
Mid Fi..... sounds killer to me though.  It's the synergy of carefully chosen, quality gear that makes it really kick ass....  What's great is that I'm an on the road tech so I spend the day in my van listening to a pretty crappy stereo if you want to even call it a stereo..... So when I get home and fire up my system it's like night and day.