Looking for a CD / SACD player. Also, tell me about Esoteric

Budget is $10k.

I want something that plays SACDs as well as redbook.

Must have US service available.

I mention Esoteric as they appear to be one of the few still pushing the envelope as well as supporting SACD in this price range.

gthirteen

I got a Luxman D-07x a few months ago, and it's a fantastic player and DAC.  Luxman is using a new DAC chip for that model as well as the flagship D-10x.  Couldn't be happier with it.

bthartman

Very nice- D-07x player. What other gear is in your system?

I own a sweet D-03x and can only imagine the presentation and sound quality of 

D-07x, D-10x Reference players.

Happy Listening!

Rbyington711

"A CD is a spinner and a laser so what does a 12k Esoteric do that a $1,200 Marantz doesn't."

I own Esoteric's P-05/D-05 set up as well as a P-0s.  I also have a Theta Jade.  The Theta is really good, but at its' best, maybe 85% of the Esoterics.

So, if you have to ask, you'll never know. 

Rbyington711

"A CD is a spinner and a laser so what does a 12k Esoteric do that a $1,200 Marantz doesn't."

I own Esoteric's P-05/D-05 set up as well as a P-0s.  I also have a Theta Jade.  The Theta is really good, but at its' best, maybe 85% of the Esoterics.

So, if you have to ask, you'll never know. 

A CD is a spinner and a laser so what does a 12k Esoteric do that a $1,200 Marantz doesn't 

There's more to making music than making the little silver disc spin around and pointing a laser at it.  The quality of the transport matters, and most importantly, what happens to the bits and bytes after they are read by the laser matters the most.  The digital bits need to be converted to an analog signal, which is what separates the wheat from the chaff.