Looking for a DAC < $1500

Need two coax inputs to hook up my CDP and Bluesound Node2. Not too many out there with two coax inputs but found a couple on A'gon and trying to decide; Bryston BDA-2, Primare Systems DAC 30, and for just a little more, a McIntosh D100. If your money, which would you pick. Or should I just go with something new from Marantz reference line that plays CD (or SACD) and has a coax input. The goal is to take the digital glare from my CD player - a real midfi unit, and the Bluesound's internal DAC. Thanks.
128x128kalali

I decided to drop my budget just a notch, at least for now, and tried a couple of more moderately priced DACs with two coax inputs - a friend's BDA-1 and a DACmagic Plus, and decided to hold on to the DACmagic. I don't know if its the built in upsampling or just system synergy but both the Node 2 and my old CDP sounded a little "warmer" with fuller low/mid bass through this DAC. I'll try my search next year after we've recovered from the Holidays.

Great you have a DAC to use while in the hunt. Many great older DACs come up for sale used. The field opens up when asynchronous USB is not a requirement.
Agree with ivanj on 12-23.   I've had a new Oppo 105 for four months, and it's level of performance (for $500) is unheard of - bests my old Cambridge Audio 840C in many ways, including glare.   Oppo uses the well reviewed ESS Sabre ES9018 converter, around since 2012.  The Absolute Sound 12/14 review of the Oppo 105 states that the engineer modifying the unit "could not improve on the clock or the DAC" so he left them alone.  For home audio, I just can't justify going with an outboard DAC now.   But, I'd love to hear from any fanatic out there that has done A/B comparisons to the Oppo 105, using newer DAC/chip designs.

If you can't tell male from female you have a problem but don't feel bad. My mother wanted a male puppy but got a female by mistake. My father told her that after 10 children she should have been able to tell the difference!