Looking for pure copper or Cu/Au bananas

Hello friends,

Trying to order a new set of DIY speaker cables. I have most of the connectors but need to order two pairs to replace bad Furutech bananas.

The requirements:

• Solid copper or gold over copper. Absolutely NO brass core.
  • Screw down wire connections.  No soldering
  • Either fully insulated or easy to insulate, so nothing with a metal housing.
  • Less than $80

Suggestions?

erik_squires

I agree with saving money, goodness knows my IC and speaker cables are super cheap compared to what most A'goners probably spend, but there are so many good looking fakes out there I'd rather just buy affordable through a known good dealer than try to get something boutique through a path I don't know. 

@auxinput 

I noticed the pins on the Cardas male chassis mount XLR becoming loose when I changed cables and it progressively got worse to the point where it no longer made the connection.  The manufacturer of my amps/preamp indicated other customers had similar issues with that same part.  I did the replacement work myself and used a  Furutech chassis mount XLR, which has performed flawlessly.  

I was fortunate to grab a 1500’ spool of Belden copper wire. It’s a four wire cable. I picked up a set of Z banana plugs from AQ-the AQ Sure grip 300 bfa/ banana beryllium silver plated going into my receiver and bare wire to my speakers…it is a nice step forward to my second had AQ type 2 quad helix speaker cables. The cost 60.00 with tax and they are the only banana plugs that will fit my receiver. 

For heat shrink you can try wirecare.com WireCare.com | Your Local Cable Management Superstore!

they also carry Techflex braided sleeving, I get all of my DIY cable coverings there.

Erik, after my first time DIY IC cable build I'd agree that soldering (well) can be hard, but it IS definitely hard for KLEI RCAs.  However the bananas are quite easy if you use the toothpick trick i was given.  Just jam it inside the solder tube to hold the wires flush and secure while working.  Pull out when set.  I know you'd knock it out and Partsconnexion has them on sale.  $99 now $74.   Like others claim, they have a tapered tip but fully round shaft, and spring-like fit once in.  They are very tight.