Love it when it snows

Nothing quiets things down like a nice blanket of snow. The roof is muffled, and the forest too. But I think there may be even more going on. Doesn't snow often here, but every time it sure does seem like the power is cleaner. For sure the listening is better. 
128x128millercarbon
From what I understand "Bios" from your link, is not a law it’s not even a theory but a hypothesis on creative evolution. It postulates that life could have emerged not by determined unpredictability/chaos or supernatural beings/ Gods but by a certain process called determined novelty. It doesn’t address the nature of the universe so I am not sure what the point was in bringing it up in a discussion about whether it’s a determined universe or a chaotic one. The working theory the Big Bang assumes the universe is determined unpredictability or chaotic.
There is an interesting  article from Imperial  College on Dr. Claudia de Rham and her mathematical framework that yielded a viable theory on massive gravity. It modifies general relativity by giving mass to gravitons which explains why the universe  is speeding up in its expansion.
I use the term law metaphorically...I answer to your post about entropy and the fate of the universe...There is other "law" of information linked to physical process and to life process that indicate another direction for the ultimate fate of the sensible universe than death and "non sense"......

Bios is a method of data analysis that can reveal these" laws" metaphorically speaking that transcend death and random absurdity...Bios is the twin brother of chaos...

Bios is a certain window determined by the dynamics of some simple deterministic equation that indicate "novelty" a name given by the discoverer to some structural aspect of the data that reveal an harmonic distribution of the order and of chaos...

It is a method to analyse data and reveal some information that is not revealed by chaotic process ...

«The discovery of Bios (Kauffman and Sabelli, 1998), an aperiodic pattern with the features of creativity (diversification, novelty, complexity) and the 1/f spectrum of natural processes provides a model to study creative processes. Bios is chaotic as being aperiodic, causal, and highly sensitive to inputs (“sensitivity to initial conditions”) but typical chaotic processes do not show diversification, novelty, complexity and 1/f spectrum. As creativity is fundamental, bios cannot be reduced to chaos. »

I speak about that because we can analyse data in a way that may reveal an higher order of phenomena that trascend disosrder randomness and entropy ...It is not a law in the strict sense of the term, bios is a method to derive new information from any data...This information is linked to a new level of complexity not seen in pure chaotic process...

https://www.innovation.cc/scholarly-style/2009_13_3_12_sabelli_bios-theory.pdf
In some years I will be dead and I must know something before dying...I decide that I cannot wait after physics and astrophysics to understand the ultimate nature of reality... Some years ago some physicist speak about the death of the universe like if it was the ultimate fate of the body-spirit of man...That was untrue.... But physics is divided by competitive theories, and  no synthesis indicate the ultimate ground of reality, except indirectly trough the revolution of quantum mechanics... Physics is totally determined by the nature of the mathematical tools used and nothing more...The actual mathematical tools created in mathematics exceed by at least a century the tools used in contemporary physics...At least a century if not 2...Riemann created the geometry used by Einstein way before Einstein use it...Physics is constrained by some sensible aspect of reality in a way mathematics cannot be...Physics is linked to the structure history of only one universe, mathematics is cellular metabolism linking all universes...

My inspiration came young with some intuition and after in the course of my life by meditation on the structure of the universal informational field, a universal memory, revealed to me by great mathematical discoveries including the most recent one...

My study reveal to me the existence of an all immersive memory-information living field that is the only one reality...Mathematics reveal the structure of this multicellular entity and all mathematics is only that, the mind of god if you accept a metaphor of which the mind of man is only a small cellular part......
More to discover