Most rooms don’t need acoustical treatment.

Why?  Because acoustical treatments presented are in virtually empty rooms. Unrealistic.

my rooms have furniture and clutter.  These rooms don’t really have a need for treatment.  It’s snake oil, voodoo science.  
So why is accoustical panels gonna help?  No one can answer this, most have no clue.
jumia
Communicating cheap way to experiment and improve the system is not putting others at risk

May not be putting them at risk, but might get them on an episode of hoarders.
May not be putting them at risk, but might get them on an episode of hoarders.
If i suggest ONLY one good idea to one people my goal is reached...

What do you suggest: i must silence my creativity because you feel lost and obliged to negate all my ideas at once?

Go on buying your costly upgrade and let others decide for themselves if something is useful for them or not ....

Are you a censor in audio thread?

And dont insult my audio room because this is a "laboratory" for me not a living room...

Take what is good for you or not, but mute useless irrational criticism like " putting others at risk" or hoarding accusation...

Put yourself in my shoes and and you will know the name by with i can call your post....

Perhaps i will be in the "hoarder" series next episode, but i prefer that, than  to be in "complaining neighbour" series next episode to come...

Be creative instead...

@unsound ,

"Room treatment can be tricky. Unless one can determine what and where specific (!) problems are occurring and apply treatments to treat those specific problems at those specific locations, one might make things worse."

Yes, to the point.

Just what are these problems that have been occurring?

I've never heard an obvious problem with any of the rooms (outside of a too small a hotel room during a show) that I've ever listened in.

Ok, some rooms seem to be more lively than others but I tend to prefer that. I'm more worried about a room being too dead and lifeless.

Since soft furnishings have always been recommended for too lively, so maybe less furniture would work with rooms too dead?

As for bass issues, I've never experienced any either, none that couldn't be cured by moving the speakers a little closer from the front wall (I've never liked the use of bungs for ported speakers because of what they do to the sound).

On the other hand I've never had any speakers that could reach down to subwoofer depths either. 

If many room problems happen mainly at high volumes, then that won't really apply to me either. My system gets a little too noisy at those sort of volumes.

The only mystery for me is whether some room treatment might dramatically improve imaging.

The stuff I've read so far sounds awfully complicated though.
Delay, you know when your listening room is too cluttered when you have to ask where are the speakers.
The only mystery for me is whether some room treatment might dramatically improve imaging.

The stuff I've read so far sounds awfully complicated though.
This is simple acoustic law...

Yes it seems complicated... But it is not complicated at all with some basic principle in acoustic...

The only thing which was difficult but also it was all the fun, was the time it take me to did it right.... 2 years at turtle pace in the beginning, but a high speed in the last 3 months...

My room is now very good ... Peanuts cost and only fun.... But it is a dedicated room, it will cost me much more to install "esthetic " solutions, and efficient one in a common room...I dont  even know if i could do it.....

The greatest asset for sound quality  is not the costly gear, it is a room acoustically well set only for music....