Hi , My system consist of the following 

Conrad Johnson PV11 Preamp
Conrad Johnson MF 250 amp 
Paradigm 75F speakers, ML sub 
Bluenote 2i streamer 
Meridian 200 CD player
Meridian 563 DA converter . 
All cables are Audioquest 

Mostly listen to Jazz , some rock and some classical . My CD unit is WAYYYY old and I was contemplating replacing it . 
I don't care to spend a fortune . I do like the Marantz CD6006 and its a good price . I had thought about just upgrading the DA converter BUT with the age of the player I'm afraid it will crash in the near future and I will need to spend more . 
I do like the OPPO but don't care to buy used since they are no longer made . I am OK with $1k a the upper limit of price . Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated !  

Thanks , Chris 
kiteflyer45
I bought an Arcam DV 139, which is a universal player, to replace the Esoteric DV-60 that went TU. At around $700 (used) it puts the DV-60 to shame in its ability to playback any kind of disc I throw at it. Very musical and listenable.

Regards,
Dan
I just spent $550.00 on an Emotiva ERC-4. I too looked at the Marantz CD6006 as a replacement for my Carver TL3200 (in which the transport finally went T-up, butt-down), the problem with Marantz right now is the supply chain has been somewhat interupted due to the Virus pandemic. The Emotiva is here in the USA (Tennessee) so the ship time is 3-4 days vs 3-4 weeks, if not longer.
@kiteflyer45

preface, other than being an occassional customer of Music Direct I have no other "afflilation"

Don't know if you'd be interested but MusicDirect has the Marantz CD6006 - factory refurbished - in stock https://www.musicdirect.com/disc-player/Marantz-CD6006-CD-Player-B-STOCK

They also have the Rega Apollo in stock which is a little bit above your top end for price https://www.musicdirect.com/disc-player/Rega-Apollo-2017-CD-Player

the CD6006 is terrific for the money...for $1000 I would (and did) get a used Cambridge CXC and a Denafrips Ares ll. Your Node will sound a lot better too...