New Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene 2

Just wanted to update my prior thread where this topic may have gotten lost.  As many of you may know by now, Joseph Audio has come out with the new Pulsar Graphene 2. This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater ease, yet is very resolved. Jeff Joseph advises that an upgrade path will be available for existing owners of the Pulsars, too. Also, note that the price quoted in the Soundstage piece was in Canadian dollars ... Jeff informs me that the price in USD is $8,999 per pair. I am eager to hear the new Pulsars.
rlb61
Cool story, bro!

They way you tell it, I'm sure it was Jeff Joseph who was being the jerk in that conversation.

I'm never going to buy a pair of his speakers!

And thanks for the insight on those speakers!  I'm definitely going to heed your balanced, considered words of wisdom on the sound of Joseph speakers, Kef LS50 and Blades, over the many rave reviews and my own ears.

@allhifi  Some think the reference 1 can be abit bright and harsh. 

Its all a matter of preference. The reference are overpriced too.
Hey "Bro"/prof: You are waay-cool. 

I'll check who it was (if it was email).

" ...I'm sure it was Jeff Joseph who was being the jerk in that conversation. I'm never going to buy a pair of his speakers!"

EXACTLY. Why would one ? Joey has more technical resources/ expertise than KEF (who reportedly spent millions-of-dollars toward the Blade/Reference R&D) ? Too funny. 

" ..  I'm definitely going to heed your balanced, considered words of wisdom ..."

No, not mine, but perhaps every single professional review on any of the current KEF Reference -and critical/expert listener's/owners themselves.

pj 

allhifi,
No, not mine, but perhaps every single professional review on any of the current KEF Reference -and critical/expert listener’s/owners themselves.

....^^^^ Says the guy who wrote this:

allhifi: Kef Blades and/or LS50 are the shitty KEF’s

Vs this:

KEF’s Blade Two offers superb measured performance that is close to the state of the art. - John Atkinson

https://www.stereophile.com/content/kef-blade-two-loudspeaker-measurements#gLZULFLJp20LuMl1.99

The Blades were universally raved, and the LS50 were so widely praised they became a hugely popular modern classic.

Note also that reviews for the Joseph Pulsar speakers are universally RAVE reviews.

But don’t let that little "consistency" problem bother you of ignoring opinions that don’t support your claims. You go right on telling us what’s-what in the hi-fi world.

Post removed