New Maplenoll Ariadne owner needing advice

I have recently purchased a maplenoll ariadne. I have tried to learn a little about the table but find very little information. I know the table was discontinued in the 90's but the little i have found indicated it is a very good table. I am interested to learn if there are any tricks or problems to optimizing this table. As most of you probably know, it is an air bearing platter and tonearm. I plan on putting my zxy airy 3 on the arm once I get it set up.
oilmanmojo
The reason for using Balsa is to keep the overall weight low. Bear this in mind when choosing an alternate material. Perhaps using very high pressure (more than 60PSI) precludes this concern.
Piedpiper: To be sure I understand: The modification suggested is to replace both the arm tube and tone-arm with balsa , rather than to uncap the arm tube to insert a snugg fitting balsa dowel inside the tube ,itself, then regluing the end cap. Should I replace the arm tube, a Woodcrafter store is close and I recall a dowel department-all types. Getting a dowel turned is the tricky issue. I presume the dowel shound be fine sanded, sealed, painted , lightly sanded (800 grt)and perhaps resealed. P/P I understand the weight & pressure issue. Even with a second pump as Oilman I doubt I could get more than 4-5 PSI, presently I 'm @46 PSI. Readers please feel free to express your comments/ideas.
'Nollers : Following watching Jolie in "Wanted", I stopped at the local WoodCraft Store chatting with the store manager "EJ". We discussed the possibility to convert several metal parts on the Ari' into wood. I infrequently visit this place just scanning over stock for ideas. EJ mentioned that a former employee is a world-class woodworker and analog-head. The guy apparently is into turntables and maybe interested in making a few replacement parts.EJ said he would attempt to hook us up. I looked over a selection of exotic hard woods & dowels ; ideas kept popping into the mind-broth. Nothing firm but also scads of solid brass parts to use as end caps , screws, bolts as well as wood inserts and replacement parts for the air bearing tube and tone-arm. Only time will tell how all of this will "turn" out. Its a good day when I can fuse Jolie and audio-play together.
charlie
sounds interesting. If you use wood, be sure to seal it well. wood will absorb water(from humidity in the room or inthe compressed air) and possibly swell. THe key to the airbearing is the perfect fit between the airtube and arm that justs allows enough airflow to float the arm. if the dowel swells, you may have some issues with fit.
Oilmanmojo: You have highlighted a key question that must be answered in more detail. The alternate is to fill the sleeve with balsa. The tone-arm is different from the perspective that once sealed it should not swell. I have some ideas gleamed from conversations with Bruce Tigpan for completeing the tone-arm. At this point I am not convinced that either my initial or later ideas are better relative to each other. Thinking and a tad of time will help. The key here is what EJ termed "reverse engineering" ... I get it.