New preamp or up grade my cartridge and or phono amp?

I have an Emotiva XMC-1 with a Rega P6 TT a Rega MCFONO phono amp and a Rega Ania cartridge. If I'm running the Emotiva in the "reference mode", would it make more sense to up grade the cartridge and phono amp (maybe even the tonearm) or add a new preamp with a HT bypass

thegreenline

Soix, ehem. I don’t own a discrete linestage. All my preamplifiers contain phono sections. For that combo , you pay more. And none of them ( I have 3) cost me more than $4K, all purchased second hand.

I'm probably going to go with a Rogue RP-1 and Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC. 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and preamp info 

I purchased a Rogue RP-1 (thanks Mike/chedga, great guy would buy from him anytime, he even included a pair of Philco 1956 NOS tubes-haven’t tried them yet), and borrowed a Schiit Bifrost 1. Loving my 2 channel audio even more. My daughter got me the Dan Fogelberg Carnegie Hall CD. I’m not a huge fan of artist playing solo and this CD  wasn’t any different. Until I played it with the RP-1 WHAT A DIFFERENCE, will probably buy the LP. Same with LP's, tried the RP-1 phono amp using a Rega P6 with Ania MC cartridge can’t say how it sounded because there was hum I couldn’t get rid of. Went back to using the Rega MCFONO phono amp, no hum sounded GREAT. Not sure I’m going to go down the tube rolling rabbit hole or if I’ll upgrade the Bifrost to a newer model, probably going to buy the one I’m borrowing from my friend, if he’s interested in selling. Big thanks to “soix” for the dedicated preamp explanation.