New TT for ~$1500

My birthday is coming up and I will be asking for a *new* TT. Budget is up to $1500, but preferably closer to $1k. I would be comfortable pitching in another few hundred $$$ for a good cartridge if I get a table without one. Was thinking:
Rega P3, maybe P6 if I really stretch the budget (that'd be over my $1500 mark)

MoFi StudioDeck
Clearaudio Concept (I have a lead on a lightly used one with low hours, bundled with an Artist V2 cart, but might make gift giving awk)

Pro-Ject X2 w/ Sumiko Moonstone

Any thoughts?

tas236
"Sounded great" for you, but you can’t even adjust VTA on those cheap tonearms

Really, where have you read that?? The pro-ject 9, 9c or 9cc all have adjustable VTA! You loosen two allen screws at the base of tonearm mount. Pro-ject provides a shortened allen key to do this. They also have adjustable azimuth via a grub screw near the bearing yoke......wow! Talk about misinformed! The pro-ject aluminum (9), carbon fiber/aluminum (9c), and the carbon fiber 9cc are ALL better arms than the cheap S tonearm used on the technics. The only advantage of the technics is vta on the fly, that’s it. Also, a one piece tonearm sounds better than one with a detachable headshell. The technics does not have azimuth adjustment as far as I know, unless there is play in the detachable headshell. The entire arm on the pro- ject can be rotated to adjust azimuth. Also, Linn chose the pro-ject 9cc arm for their current Linn Majik turntable....it is a $700 arm, Linn did not think it was a sh*tty tonearm!
OP here. I appreciate everyone's feedback. I went ahead and got an SL-1210GR with a Hana SL.

Great! I hope later you will find some MM or MI to compare different carts to your MC