Ohm Speakers Status Update

Signs of life from a great American loudspeaker brand!

https://ohmspeaker.com/news/

bondmanp

I've owned my Walsh 4's since 1986; rebuilt twice by JS in 1998 & 2021.

Still my benchmark speaker bar none.

Delighted that OHM is still around and able to sell and service these wonderful speakers.

I wish you well Evan.

Reflecting on this thread, I most appreciate that my Ohm Walsh Tall 3000s integrate into my living space so well. No problem being about 16"-18" from my front wall (145 year old brick, 11" high).  They are unobtrusive standing as these beautiful sapele wood 12" sq. columns of sound. I think they are about 42" tall.  And love that the "sweet spot" doesn't tie you to a small area. Very open. 

Agree, my Ohm Walsh Tall 2000’s are set up working off a corner in my living space and I am continually amazed how they integrate so well in this tough location. Every upgrade and tweak I add they just keep sounding better. I keep thinking what is the point where these will no longer improve but they keep exceeding my expectations. Very happy owner here!

I hope to join this merry band of Omni Ohm lovers fairly soon. Having ooohed and aahed over a set of Ohm As I heard back in college circa1972, it remains one of my pinnacle listening experiences in my life. And I am told the current generation of these unusual speakers are now a quantum level better than the originals in sound quality. That is almost impossible to comprehend.

I think I am going to start with a pair of Tall 2000s for my office/music room and if I like them as well as I think I will, go about rebuilding the 3 systems scattered through the main level of my house with the appropriate size Walsh speakers. I am considering for the main listening/theater room a set of 4 F5s with appropriate 500 wpc amplification and Yamaha A8a receiver used in preamp mode only. I am hoping that will provide enough low frequency support that I will not want separate subwoofers. My main listening room is a 15x18 room with a sloped ceiling going from 10' to 20'. The sloped part angles up from right to left when facing the interior short wall. Rather than set everything up on the short wall where everything is asymmetric, I think I am going to nest the equipment rack, tv and LCR speakers on the long wall with the short ceiling. Anyone have any input on what orientation would be best for overall sound quality?

I understand what you mean when you say "a quantum level better", but a quantum level is about the smallest change possible, not a huge difference. I'm not trying to be a PIA, and it just struck me kind of funny.