Ohm Walsh F Hope of Resurrection

Now I have F's with rotten surrounds, but rest look nice, perfect even. Cones, spiders look great. 

One surround is done, decimated.  Other is intact, perhaps replacement as is not identical. 

Perhaps I try replacing surround? 
Any new and improved surround options? Willing to replace/ get repaired more, if necessary.  

Cursory search doesn't reveal any drop in replacement.  Or, am I wrong? I see the Ohm return/upgrade to newer version options. 

Experienced and insider opinions sought. I'm not cheap, and I'll spend the money to obtain the exceptional if needed. So, what are the likely and less likely options   TIA
What is that one "clone", HHR? Need to check...  i heard it at a show years ago. 
douglas_schroeder
Hello Doug.  Remember when we sat listening to the TL-1 in Dale Harder's room at Axpona?  IMHO that was best in show.  After that I wouldn't bother with Ohm F, but to each his own and a good project is always interesting. Talk to Cascade Audio Engineering about coatings and appliques to damp MDF enclosures.  I have used their VBLOK paint to good effect inside various MDF cabinets. You can mix that with brass powder if you want to get fancy. They have since introduced a variety of padding conceived for automotive applications that may help as well.  Use two-part epoxy mixed with saw dust to repair or strengthen broken or crumbling MDF.
dgarretson, yes, I recall meeting you at Axpona, a very pleasant experience! Yes, Dale puts up a very nice speaker, no doubt. 

I appreciate the lead on the treatments for the cabinet! The epoxy/sawdust fix sounds like a winner! 

Repair now underway. It seems one driver is original and the other not. The original does not have ferrofluid, as it had not been invented at the time. A different lubricant, such as a grease, was used. At some point one driver failed and was replaced, the new unit utilizing ferrofluid.

The drivers are having spiders and surrounds rebuilt, the one with hardened/tacky ferrofluid has been cleaned, and both will be reconditioned with new ferrofluid. My understanding was that the original units were prone to failure, but the addition of ferrofluid ameliorated that problem. 

I may have reconditioned Ohm Walsh Model F’s for Christmas! That would be fun! :)