One sub or two?

Thinking of adding a sub, or two, to my speakers. Anyone out there have any experience with going from one to two subs? I've used a REL Storm III in the past (just one) and loved it. Any thoughts about using two?
louisl
According to Jim Smith in "Get Better Sound", stereo requires two subs for proper imaging; one sub is fine for home theater.
I owned a single REL Storm III, then added another and hooked up as true stereo. I like this setup. And I have owned several other REL subs - they are all awesome, but I definitely prefer the "ST" series over many of the newer models... I LIKE DOWNFIRE!!!
Agree with Loydc comments. I used a single REL for few years & then upgraded to two RELs. The improvements were very evident. Imaging improved the most. Although they say deep bass is non-directional this is something you will immediately disagree with once you hear 2 subs.
Crossing over at 40hz the bass wave is so large it is impossible to distinguish its location...however one has to have true full range output to do this...and a speaker either images well.or it doesn't...regardless of a sub