Open Baffle vs Box

Hi All,
Eyeing a Pair of Spatial M3 Sapphire and wondered if anyone transitioned from Box Speakers to OBs and what they thought?
I’m giving up my much loved Vandy 2ce’s and was hoping for input out there. Great 60 day in-home trial but was curious to hear what people think before I pull the trigger?
This has been a great forum to learn from!!
128x128audiosaurusrex
It’s cool you are talking to Clayton and getting advice from the designer. I am working with Mark Shifter he is one of the other designers of Emerald Physics speakers amps and DSP units. (currently working on their next gen amps) I actually bought my EP2.7’s from him and he is the one who upgraded them to the new tweeters. He worked with GR Research in Texas using their test facility’s to dial them in. Not only did they modify the crossovers for the new tweeters but they upgraded some of the parts to increase the performance even further. He feels the 2.7's with the new tweeter from the current EP 2.8's is the best version of EP speakers ever. He says the paper cone drivers of the older 2.7's have better tone than the carbon fiber of the EP 2.8's. He is helping me get the most out of them. So cool to be working with people who know your products inside and out. He is a super nice guy. Thanks Mark!

I have heard Clayton is very helpful as well. So nice to have folks in this industry willing to be so helpful. Don’t be afraid to call and ask their advice.
OBs are surreal. You’ll never go back to boxes. That said, dust can be a problem for those living in or near the desert or even in coastal Southern Cal with OCD. 
One of the most exciting sounds (OB or box) I ever heard was the Linkwitz LX Studio and Orion. The naturalness, the dynamics and the soundstage are uncanny—surreal, as above! But you need space and the right amplification
A few years ago, I heard the Spatial in Chicago audio show, and they are very impressive speaker, I would want to hear the new M5 Sapphire.