Opinions on NAD please

Is anyone excited about the new NAD M66?   Ive been considering it but dont know much about the brand. 

sandrodg73

Just got mine. I have a nad c658 which I love. The m66 is a complete mystery. It has almost no documentation. I easily set up phono and room. But for some reason the out put from my average will not work no matter what the settings. The avr out works fine going into my m23 or my c658. Tried switching cables and m66 inputs, nothing. Total mystery, and again no documentation of note.

NAD has gone thru periods where quality suffered. I believe it was related to a change in manufacturing location or vendor. I know folks who have had great luck on vintage and  new gear and  a few who have had issues in newly launched products. As long as you don't mind the low risk I would try them. They are established and seem to be responsive to issues. That's what you want for your investment. They sell lots of different lines and that is an indication of supporting their  business and  trying to grow it. Reasonable risk to me.

Word to the wise: audition , audition, and RE-AUDITION AGAIN first to validate that you like the very distinctive and bespoke NAD signature sound .

I had a full NAD stack in a prior system: its sonic signature was on the dark side with a roll-off on the top end. Careful Speaker selection in the first part, and careful cable pairing in the second part, were both requirements..

choose wisely

NAD is excellent, well known and manufactures great products.  I prefer their vintage stuff as I like when it turns on it makes the lights twitch in the house as it draws so much current.  As for the looks, you're getting that black box which I would agree with anyone that its ugly.