Opinions on the Nola Contender please

So Nola has a new speaker called "The Contender" which sits above the "Boxer" in their entry level portfolio. Beyond the creative product names what are forum members opinions about these speakers?
kiwi_1282001
You might want to create a new post as this one is 20 years old, but to address your question I’d put the LSA-20 Statements or Signatures high on my list as they go down to 25Hz and will probably fare fine with your amp as long as you don’t frequently crank bass-heavy music.  They are available here on sale by the manufacturer and offer a very welcome (especially these days) 30-day trial period.  The Raven CeLest would be another to give a good look.  Best of luck. 
Thanks soix for the recommendation and input. Created a new post as suggested. Funny, I've spoken with Wally and he indicated either will work with my curent system. Also considered Raven CeLest and Blackahwk before upgrading my Jolida 202. Will rethink to include CeLest and LSA. Are you familiar with the sound of the Contender S3, reviews I found were raves? Spoke with a dealer who will sale a new pair for $5500 shippped ($6900 Sugg. Retail). It appears you consider the LSA the better performance/value buy? or is it the 30 & 45 day trial period that makes them a better consideration?          
I’m actually a big Nola fan, and though I haven’t heard the Contender I’ve no doubt it’s a great sounding speaker.  I will say that I think the LSA is a better overall value since it’s sold direct, and that’s the direction I’d go.  But I’m also swayed by the fact that the new LSA speakers benchmarked Joseph Audio, which are my favorite speakers, in their development so I’m admittedly a bit biased.  FWIW...
I appreciate your honest straight forward recommendations. Value/performance equipment, hidden gems and start-up companies with talented craftsmen who love music and want to provide superior performing audio equipment at prices "we mere mortals" can afford is how I put together my current system. thank you for leading me in that direction. its never about brands and brading but how well the equipment renders muscial enjoyment. I don't listen as often as I'd like but when I do its usually 4-5 hours at a time and at times back to back days.
That being said, you seem to suggest LSA will provide a sonic character and enjoyment simular to that of the Nola's at a savings of $2000 dollars. That being the case, I be crazy not to try LSA. Especially since I considered them earlier in this journey and have spoken with Walter before I upgraded my Jolida amp. 20 Statement vs 20 Signature, what does the current $1200 dollar differnce in the two transducers price offering provide clarity and detail retrival aprticularly in the low bass range. One last quiry - Taylo Reference Monitors received high praise when introduced, I spoke with Ty Lashbrook on several ocassions before purchasing them, wouldn't adding two highly regarded subs bring them to the same full range sound as the floorstanders under consideration. Or is it about the crossover and coherence of the sound coming from a transducer housed in the same cabinet? Thanks again for your input and time.                 
wouldn't adding two highly regarded subs bring them to the same full range sound as the floorstanders under consideration. Or is it about the crossover and coherence of the sound coming from a transducer housed in the same cabinet? 
This is only my opinion FWIW, but I’d say no to the first and yes to the second.  Adding two subs to your Tylers would yield substantially better bass that the LSAs can produce and probably do nice things expanding your soundstage as well.  And if LSA succeeded in capturing some of the magic of the Joseph Audio crossover, and it seems like maybe they have from what I’ve read in the reviews, then that benefit you’d only get with the LSAs.  I know Tyler makes very good speakers so if you’re happy with their sound there’s a very good argument to be made to just add a couple good subs.  

I guess if I was you and just to be sure I’d try a pair of the LSAs and chalk the 10% restocking fee (if you return them) up to getting better peace of mind you made the right choice.  It’s really the only way to know for sure.  I tend to doubt the Statements are all that much better than the Signatures, but it’s also not like the Statements are all that expensive at their sale price.  Anyway, that’s all I got and hope it helps somewhat.