Oppo's gone, now what dvd/bluray to buy (Oppo BDP-105d)

I have the Oppo 105d which is a great player and all, but it's not 4k.  In my quick research, it's hard to find a standout favorite or best to compete with it.  

Anyone have any thoughts on what other players that are more readily available that might be as good or close to as good?

I really don't care for a good DAC or network streaming capability.
dtximages
I’m in the same boat as you and have read up as much as I can and the sweet, middle spot looks like the Panasonic DP-UB820 ($499.99), which is a scaled down version of the DP-UB9000 ($999.99).

Video wise, it’s the same as it’s big brother but lacking in the audio department. If you have a nice system already, just use it for the 4K capability, which is the same. All the review sites love it for those reasons.

There’s also the Pioneer UPD-LX500 ($999.99) and the LX800 ($?) but their line up seems to be waning out so there might be some good bargains to be had. That, and Clones Audio makes a replacement power supply board that can be used for both models.
https://www.clonesaudio.com/accessories-1

If I remember correctly, the Panasonic offers a better picture and is set to accept a future THX or Dolby HDR10+ encoded blu ray whereas the Pioneer doesn’t. Don’t quote me on it but I’m too lazy to reread it all. 😄

All the best,
Nonoise
Thanks @nonoise ..  I really don't see a reason in spending $1000 on a dvd player now days.  I wouldn't use its dac anyway and don't need the streaming bells & whistles.  Heck, I could probably drop down below the $499 Panasonic you mentioned too.
Most expensive SACD players start with the 105 guts then use better power supplies. I found a bunch of LPMs on Ebay.  One company had very helpful how to photos. I also replaced the IEC with a Rhodium IEC which came with a pure silver jumper to the power supply board and a jumper to bypass the 110/220 switch. For less than $500 I was so blown away, I don't use my $2600 Audio Alchemy DDP-1 + PS 5
hth