parasound 200 pre or zpre3 or what other pre for 2 channel

I need sub out . I was considering the PT-100 but deep down not the biggest fan of emo sound.  I think parasound makes better stuff.

I need sub pre and I do like bass/treble controls sometimes. I like that those functions can be controlled on the remote for some of the parasound stuff..good feature...
I want to spend in the $750 and under range which the parasounds can be had at.   thoughts?
gentlejax
+1 Zpre3, cool little preamp.. I like Parasound, good stuff, not crazy prices either.

Regards
Some newer Parasound preamps appear to be using switching power supplies.  From pictures, it looks like Zpre is still a linear power supply.

The P5/P6 are larger cases, but with a big amount of open space inside and what looks like a switching power supply.  The only thing you get here is a built-in DAC and more bells/whistles.

I would assume the same approach goes for the 200.
For $750< Just get a Schiit Freya, or used Freya+,
3 preamps in one, SS, Tube and Passive, with remote, with probably the best analogue volume control you can get.https://www.schiit.com/products/freya-1
Cheers George
I bought a ZPre3 and am extremely happy with it. I didn’t need the built-in DAC or phono stage offered in the 200, so it was an easy decision, and I really do believe, internally, that is the only difference.

Can’t beat it for the money. I bought mine as an open-box through Safe and Sound, so it was even less expensive and fully warranted.

I see the open box on safe and sound!!

if I were to get the Freya it would have to be the 2nd version the +
@gentlejax

I see the open box on safe and sound!!

That’s a great deal. I checked before I bought mine, and they are a qualified retailer for Parasound. Great little unit.

I looked at the Freya as well, but only the higher end model. The Parasound Zpre3 had everything I needed. I am not disappointed. Most will tell you it punches above its weight.
I had a Freya +, I had to send it back.. BUT they have the BEST return policy I’ve ever seen. The unit was a great little unit. It got REALLY hot, to the point of shutting off the valve section, cooled down. and worked again. The volume pot would stick when it got HOT.. I LOVED everything about the Freya, customer service was what I was so impressed with, outstanding.. I had it setting on blocks trying to get it cooler.. Tried everything after the initial "Getting Hot", but the volume would always stick after 20-30 min.. I think it was a fluke..Maybe a bad valve, just didn’t have spares to swap...

Still Zpre3 happy... Great little unit for the second time...

Regards
I just auditioned the Parasound Classic 200 Preamp. The good news is it has fantastic features. Treble, bass, subs adjustable from your listening position along with the usual volume and balance. You an see the bars from eight feet away easily. Dual sub outs. 
Great remote.
I used it combination with the 275 amp and while the sound was good, not for me.