phono stage volume

I have a Halfer DH110 preamp and a Grado X+ cartridge. The volume is much lower than when I am using the CD or Tuner inputs. Does anyone have a suggestion as to fixing this besides buying a new preamp or just turning up the volume?
Thanks!
cford
Grado cartridges are not moving coil nor moving magnet; they're a hybrid design known as moving iron, basically a variable reluctance generator design. Some of their models are available with different-level output options, low, medium, high. Don't know what your X+ is set up for; give them a call to find out. You might be able to get a different model that's more suitable to fit your existing equipment.
I don't think the problem is the cartridge. I put in my old Audio Techica cartridge and its level is about the same. I think its the 34dB gain of the phono input to the Halfer. Any way to increase its gain?
Just turn it up. Unless you're past 1 o'clock on the volume, I wouldn't even begin to worry about it. On CD, I typically run at about 9-10 o'clock; with vinyl it's always between 11 & 12, sometimes more.
The advice above is correct, either a high output MM cartridge, a separate phono stage with a lot of gain, or turn up the volume. Many volume pots actually sound better at the 12-2 o'clock position. Of course, then you've got to be careful when switching sources...
32dB is basically nothing in terms of voltage amplification. You need a cartridge with at least 6..7mv output voltage.