Pioneer S-1EX Loudspeaker

As a fan of TAD loudspeakers – but not in the proper tax-bracket – I am curious about Andrew Jones’ design for the Pioneer brand – the Pioneer S-1EX floor stander (which is essentially a baby TAD with the Pioneer logo). Does anyone have any experience with this speaker see here
2chnlben
Thanks Emailists.

I have read about Andrew Jones' recommendations to cross the axis in front of the listening position. I haven't gotten around to trying this yet, but I plan to. I really like having the image come from behind the speakers since that is what I am accustom to, but I will try it both ways.

I will say that the S-2ex's are surprisingly close to the excellent CR-1's (as hard as that may be to fathom...). My dealer has both set up in the same room on the same system. Obviously, the CR-1's are better, but they are also about five-and-a-half times the cost.
If I were to toe in my S3-EX in my 16.5 by 14 foot room, I would hardly see the front of the speakers. I have them toed in so the axis cross is right where I'm sitting. As far as Tad speakers being bright, they were just a bit bright when I got them new, however the more I listened the warmer they got.
John from Audio Video Logic came over to my house and set the speakers up properly. He was there for more than two hours and was extremely thorough. We tried a variety of positions and came up with a very effective solution. The positioning alone helped significantly. Additionally, I am auditioning a Mac amp in the system, which really mates well with the speakers. I love my Krell, but the MC-302 really sounds nice with the S-2ex's...
I've been looking at <$5k monitors and those S-2 EX's look great, especially at those discounted prices. What's the deal with that, are they closing them out in anticipation of new models? Is audiovideologic legit, as in an authorized dealer? I saw their payment policy and I don't like not being able to put things on my credit card for protection. How about that liquidator, are they legit?