Please help me eliminate the hum my digital rig creates

I've noticed a hum coming from my system lately.  It's there whenever amp is powered on, regardless of which input is selected, and hum increases as the volume is turned up.  Today, I isolated the problem to my digital setup-- whenever I disconnect the digital rig from the amp, or remove the SPDIF (Audience Au24-e) between the Bluesound Vault 2 and the Mytek Brooklyn, the hum disappears. 

system: https://systems.audiogon.com/users/dkidknow

I have upgraded PCs powering both the Vault and the Mytek.  My power conditioning is a cheap belkin single rack unit, but my turntable and phono preamp are both plugged into the same belkin, and there's no noise created there.  I'd appreciate your suggestions on how I can get rid of the noise.  It's driving me a bit batty!
dkidknow

Showing 3 responses by cal3713

Is everything plugged into the same wall outlet, or were you using multiple wall outlets (prior to the above suggestion)?
Congrats! Glad you found the culprit. I had a modem do that to me too, although it somehow started pouring audible rfi into my tube preamp. Bizarre when it happens suddenly.