power amp ideas for less than $3000

updating my main front amplifier in my 9.1.6 theater system. front left and right are B&W 803D.  thoughts on amps under $3000? 

i have been exploring Classe CT-2300 and Krell Kav-250a

thanks  in advance !

pattemf132

I have Vandersteen 3a Signature speakers... my Preamp is a McIntosh C2200 which I view as a keeper, my power amp was dying and I was searching for something different. I took a chance on Two Schiit Tyr Monoblocks, wasn’t exactly sure how this would work... WELL... simply awesome. The bass is considerably better, the midrange is more detailed with greater depth and the overall soundstage improved tremendously... these big Schiit’s are keepers too. Definitely recommend a tube preamp like my McIntosh with the Solid State Schiit Tyr poweramps... great combination. I interfaced the C2200 to the Tyr’s via XLR. Prior to discovering the Tyr's I was leaning towards Bryston or Parasound.

Odyssey Audio

I have an Odyssey Stratos Amp... bought it a number of years ago. It simply cannot hold a candle to the Tyr’s. The Tyr’s have more detail, the bass control is amazing and a deeper soundstage but a slightly less wide soundstage compared to the Odyssey. We are also talking a difference in price, the Odyssey is a good value for the price and that is how Stereophile Magazine talks about the Odyssey... good value for the price... the Tyr holds its own against considerably more expensive amps... I compared the Tyr to my friend’s McIntosh MC312 and the Mc did not blow it away. The Tyr has been a pleasant surprise.  I use the Odyssey in my 2nd system and I tend to keep my gear for quite a long time, I still play my Rogers LS 3/5a from 1977 from time to time.