Preamp suggestions, yes again

I know these types of topics come up very often but here's another.

I'm looking for a preamp for my system. I currently use an Onkyo TX-SR705 as a pre. I have Klipsch RP-600M bookshelf speakers fed by a diy First Watt Aleph J amp. 

I'm looking at the Odysey Candela and the Van Alstine Vision SLR to start. I'd like to stay around this price point or lower.

I do not need phono but a remote is a must have. Obviously I'm open to ss or tubes. Thoughts on the two in considering? Other suggestions? 
128x128markf31
Save yourself a lot of money and consider a Parasound Zpre3, with HT pass-thru (easy mating with your Onkyo if going to use for HT), tone controls, remote, etc. No phono stage or DAC, so you pay for neither of those. A great value and very good sound IMO.

You will be pleasantly surprised how much better 2 channel sounds getting your AVR out of the chain for music.
Whichever pre you go with will be an enormous upgrade. You are making a very good move picking out a new preamp. 
What aspects of sound reproduction and system performance are most important to you?  Not really possible to make a good recommendation without that info. 
I have the Quicksilver Remote Line Stage preamp and the Klipsch RP 600M.
Those are very bright speakers, but they calmed down when I put NOS in my preamp.
The QS is very, very ruggedly made but yes, no headphone jack.