PS Audio Power regenerator

My PS audio can support 1,000 W.

Preamp, streamer, turntable and DAC is maybe 150 W, Power amps run 600 W.

My thinking is to only run the small power consumers for 150 W than all to minimize risk of interference with the heavy duty amps.  I am sure someone can help.

dcaudio

"wisdom" to plug your amp into the wall comes from (IMHO crappy) "power conditioners" that limit current.  the PSA regnerator does not limit current and the amp will certainly benefit from it.  In most cases the amp will benefit a lot.

However putting 750 watts on a 1000W power supply isn't optimal.  sure it will work, but it will run warmer and possible make a little noise.  I much prefer to keep load below 50%.  I'd buy the PS Audio P20 and plug my amps into it.

I have just upgraded my amp and it pulls more current.  I'm now at about 300w on my P10 and I'm thinking of upgrading to the P15.  

Of course with amps that pull 600 watts, you are certainly more comfortable than I am with electronics that run warm or even close to hot.  that's a lot of power to run continuously, perhaps all day.

Jerry

PS Audio PP's are one of many polarizing audiophool  boxes in this weird hobby.

The PPP for a hot minute was a "thing," then as newer products were introduced trashed as just another MIC product. I find it to be fantastic product which was purchased here, on Agon for $750 10 years ago? Sent it back for a refresh couple years back  just before they stopped supporting it and its good for another 10 years.

Oddly enough, on movie night I plug in an equally prehistoric plasma TV/DVD deck in and CRANK up the volume with zero problems. 

For example, the AQ Niagara is "better" than wall (it holds a reservoir). In addition, it has the different filters, OVP, surge protection, etc...There may be other manufacturers with similar things for fans of other stuff besides AQ. Some guys feel that the AQ brand name doesn’t make them feel exclusive/elusive enough. In that case, you may need to dig a li’l deeper and hopefully investigate whether someone’s selling you a elusive turd or something worthwhile.

When you plug your expensive things straight into the wall, power anomalies in your area can damage them. You would have had your "straight into the wall dynamics" while it lasted. 😑

Not sure what you mean by only running 150?  Does your PP have 2 sections?

Also, your turntable, DAC and pre take maybe 50 watts.

@dcaudio  You don't mention which PP you are using.  1000 watts is roughly 8 amps, so I'm guessing it's the PP 12, which should be able to deliver 8 amps of constant draw.  That's not a lot, but many systems will only draw 3 - 5 amps while running, leaving a little room for  spikes in the draw.  Running the front end equipment and plugging your amps directly into a separate dedicated 20 amp circuit would be a solution.  You're giving up protection against a catastrophic power surge, but there are ways to protect against that as well.  It could be argued that 8 amps of current is not sufficient for any larger system.  Look at the actual draw when your system is running (assuming here the PP gives a readout) and decide for yourself if you need something different.  If you want to go all in...........

Cheers,