PSVANE Discussion & Impressions Thread

Hi everyone,

We are the official PSVANE team, and we are thrilled to announce the release of our latest Horizon series vacuum tubes. This discussion thread is dedicated to engaging with you and addressing any questions you might have about PSVANE vacuum tubes.

With 16 years of experience in the tube sector, our team is empowered by many seasoned experts. We invite everyone to join in sharing, communicating, and discussing any questions and knowledge about vacuum tubes here.

128x128alightronics

Here is a new YouTube review of the Psvane Horizon tubes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp5XCcjtuow

I’ll have a short review, once I get them burned in. 12AT7 & 12AX7 in my phono stage and CV181/6SN7 in my DAC. So far very nice...

Just ordered an Art Series 12Au7 to try out in my Unison Research Triode 25. I felt that the Art Series might be a better choice for me than the new Horizon series based on my subjective listening preferences.

Not looking forward to the burn in process. My Psvane EL34 UK's seemed to take a very long time to burn in (at least 50 hours and very possibly double that-it was a bit hard for me to tell as I was dealing with a cartridge breaking in at exactly the same time). But I have been extremely happy with the EL34 UK's. 

I'm actually very happy with my setup at the moment so will be curious as to whether the ART 12AU7 will result in an improvement. 

Will post back impressions in a few months. 

@audioquest4life 

Sounds like the Psvane Art series may suite my needs since I prefer a somewhat “tubey” sound.  My only concern is that some users on this forum reported problem with the longevity/reliability of the Art series tubes.  Would be nice if Psvane corrects this issue 

@ampus,

I can certainly understand the defect concerns; however, that can be stated for any tune, new or NOS. I personally have had no failures with any variants, MKIIs or Art series. My failures were with NOS tubes. 

Also, the Octave Jubilee does not drive the preamp tubes hard. There is a high and low switch for gain. The Psvane tubes are in both high and low gain positions. I currently use the low gain setting due to having horns. 

I am not advocating or endorsing the Psvane but merely stating the facts as I know them from using the Psvane 12au7 Art and MKiI based on real world experiences. 

Since the Horizon is new and not that costly, I am going to order a set to experiment with.