Putting an end to the audio cable debate! Part 1

Interesting. But I wish they would have continued the article rather than cutting it off.

https://www.pmamedia.org/en/home/putting-an-end-to-the-audio-cable-debate-part-1?fbclid=IwAR2IC82Wjj...
128x128artemus_5
oldaudiophile's statement reveal's the problem with carolkong's statement that you have to make, "products that work." The audio industry shuns controlled studies because they will reveal that many audiophile products do not work. 

Cable design is important and bad cables can certainly cause sonic issues. The question is do these ultra expensive cables offer any sonic benefit over a well designed inexpensive cable. Again, it is impossible to draw any conclusions from what other people say something sounds like,
there are too many uncontrollable variables. The two problems from a psychological perspective are; If it is more expensive it must sound better and If it looks sharp it must sound better. I do not see any problem with people buying audio gear because it looks great and they can afford it. Those are easy issues to judge. Sounding better is a huge can of worms.
As always it is consumer beware.

Designing a cable for a specific purpose is not an issue. The science is well known. The problem is that most people do not have that education so they are subject to all kinds of very faulty marketing claims. Honesty went down the tube decades ago.

carolkong, Walker Audio makes and sells some of the stupidest items I have ever seen using the reputation of their turntable as a lever for sales.
They have been in business for decades.
If anyone wishes to see a review of a cable that is made from a purely measurement-driven methodology, read my review of the Iconoclast Cables at Dagogo.com 
You can always go to Belden's site and read about cables made from measurement methodology. 
I, too, want to read Part 2. I also appreciate that he outs himself as a former "all cables sound the same" proponent. This not only makes him, a sonic convert, into a fairly interesting/compelling commentator. It also opens him up to special emnity from those who share his old beliefs.

I have a longstanding policy in social settings, not to discuss religion, politics, or sex--the most divisive, fight-starting topics I know of. In audio settings, I tend not to discuss cables, R2R/NOS DACS vs delta/sigma DACs, tweaks, etc. Not because I'm shy about my beliefs, but because I don't enjoy fighting with people.