Questions about Musical Fidelity M5si Integrated

Hello,

I've been strongly considering the M5si integrated, and I have a couple of questions about it.

First, I have seen some posts in various forums about issues with using the HT bypass input, mainly things like noise, cracks or pops etc.  Does anyone here have experience with this amp and using the HT bypass on it?

Second, I am trying to get a reply from the manufacturer on whether or not this amp is a 'common ground' design, or instead if the negative speaker terminals are floating.  My speakers require that the negative speaker terminals are tied together.  Does anyone here know?

Thank you,
Greg

rhythm5

Why would you still buy from MF after receiving such terrible customer service?

I never had trouble getting customer support for my Musical Fidelity M6Si amp.  MF might take a couple of days to respond BUT they always respond.  Their equipment is recommended and I like my amp very much.  

This thread is interesting and a bit discouraging. I had over this weekend kind of focused in on the same amp after some good reviews online. I have never heard this line but I recalled that it has had a good reputation for a number of years under the original founder. I know it has been sold to a new Eropean owner a few years back. I have seen a number of models for sale over the last few days online including from Underwood Wally. You might want to give him a call. I dont know the gentleman BUT he has a long standing reputation for being a straight shooter and no BS dealer. He runs his whole business on line but has been in the business for like 30 years. He also has his own lines that he has developed and manufactured in China and which get good grades/reviews. But, he represents a number of big manufacturers and seems to sell lots of volume and get good deals from manufacturers, likely when they need cash. So, that suggests to me that his is a good businessman and smart. You can find him easily on line. I intend to talk to him myself this upcoming week.