Recommendations for a phono stage: Gold Note turntable w/ MC cartridge to ARi50.

I'm seeking some suggestions for a phono preamp to connect a Gold Note Giglio turntable w/ Donatello Red MC cartridge to an Audio Research i50 amplifier. ARC has a phono stage module for I think 750 -1000 but I don't listen to much vinyl and don't really want to spend that much. I'm looking to spend approx $500. Any thoughts on this from the members are greatly appreciated.

maholl50

Interesting information. I wasn’t aware that Rutherford on GNUSA was no longer handling warranty repairs but I would like to think the manufacturer being Gold Note would still honor a warranty on new product at their current repair center within any given country.

With that said I can’t speak to Gold Note’s policy.

If you don't play a lot of vinyl, it’s hard to beat the Schitt Audio Skoll for $399. Heck, even their Mani punches way above the price of $149. I have both of them in budget systems in 2 of my household systems (one hooked up to a Fluance RT85 and another with a Dual CS 5000). They perform very well for their purpose.

In another system I have a Sutherland KC Vibe that I bought Open Box from a dealer for $600 -- I love it. There are several KC Vibe’s available online, new and used, between $500 and $900.

i would think you’d want to push that budget a little given that your turntable runs $7600.  And a new PH-5 is only $1k - not alot for a decent phono stage. I have the PH-1, which is discontinued.  Very nice, punches way above its weight.