Revel Performa3 Cabinet Defect

Does anyone have experience with a Revel Performa 3 cabinet failure?  Specifically, F208 with fine, almost hairline width, vertical crack in the rear, from the very top (where the finished cabinet mates to the decorative black top cover), going vertically down almost to the crossover/input panel?  Again, the "crack" is hairline in width.  There are no signs of impact whatsover elsewhere on the cabinet.  Possibly a shrinkage issue if they were exposed to very cold ambient conditions in shipping and/or storage?  Dunno.  Just searching for anyone who's hade a similar experience.

misterbobman

It does happen from time to time - sorry to hear. My M126Be's are great looking and sounding speakers. 

@misterbobman FWIW, I've got a pair of F206 in my living room that I purchased new and are now around 5 years old or so.  When I picked them up, the salesman and I actually retrieved them from an unheated (i.e.  not environmentally controlled) metal outdoor storage container they were stored in over a cold and wet Massachusetts winter.  No problems with the cabinets.  What you are describing sounds like furniture, or any wood, for that matter, stored in a very dry environment.

If they’re within warranty, request a replacement. Even if they are somewhat beyond the warranty period I would still attempt a resolution. Any blemishes like you described will severely impact resale value. 

I had to go through two pairs of F228BE purchased brand new due to quality control issues. The first pair had a sanding/polishing distortion at the rear of the parabolic cabinet that you could see the underlying frame piece. The decals were crooked on the top. The second pair was better but still had crooked decals and off center plinths. Maybe their driver measurements are good enough that they don’t need matched pairs but mine were manufactured 8 and 9 months apart and both pairs never really imaged that well which is surprising given how good their numbers are.  My room is treated and tuned very well. Other speakers simply disappear so it was disappointing. Too bad because the overall tonality was nice.