Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
Hi Michelzay, I have known about the above review for a few month's, I liked the review so much that it was my inspiration to get the furutech GTX-D Rhodium and Gold to audition for week's and with different industrial wpo's, this was the biggest pain in the aXX that I have ever encounterd in hi-end audio, I never want to go through that again, so to me the reviewer of the review of wall power outlet's here went through an incredible amount of trouble to give all of us his impression's, I respect and believe his review based up-on that I went through almost the same amount of hard work for my decision to use for a wpo on my system.
Audiolabyrinth, thanks for the clarification on your speakers. Yes I agree it takes time to achieve your audio goals. My current system has been an almost 7 year labour of love. But I also think you need to be realistic about where your system is at. I've owned a pair of $2k speakers of similar vintage (Infinity Renaissance 90's). The Rens simply had superior drivers and cabinet design compared to your JBL's including High Energy Emit & Emim drivers, a Watkins dual voice coil bass driver & excellent sound staging and off-axis performance. They were good reference tools, but my current S5's kill the Rens and have much better resolution, linearity, layering, timbre, dynamics, balance and slam. Really my current system has been a revelation. Now with the benefit of hindsight I can see how even my classic Rens were not up to the task of objectively evaluating the differences between the GTX-D(G) and GTX-D(R). That requires a well balanced high end system with excellent resolution, overall neutrality and no weak links. I don't doubt you've formed an honest view from your listening tests based on your equipment. I put it to you however that given a reference level system with which to evaluate the two outlets, your view would likely be very different.
Melbguy1, That is an odd assement that you believe I could not hear a substantial difference between the furutech GTX-D Rhodium and Gold, you have never listened to my system, the difference was big enough I made my decision on what I wanted to have, maybe you should a/b the two wpo's, you may be suprised that their is a substantial difference, I understand some may prefer the gold, you will never know untill you did what I have, audition the both of them for a month or so, you may end up still liking the gold better, who know's, we each prefer diferent sound from one to the other, that's like I cannot really comment about your speaker's against some JBL speaker's, I have never had both in my system to hear what work's best to my liking, cheers.
Melbguy1, "gross and non-sense comments" are those calling others whom are not sharing the same thoughts as dummies. Using f. words as abbreviation, to express and push their non-sense logic. The bottom line is to respect other Audiogon fellow's opinion even though if is not the same as ours.

As for the articles and generally the reviews, I need to add that I don't believe on them. Most of reviewers are biased toward certain brands (go find why!!???!). If not. their system is totally different than ours, therefore their opinions on a particular product should not be generalized. Obviously, one could learn some stuffs from those reviews but accepting a review as is, it is not advised. Of course, some sites/journals are more honest like tonepublication, soundstage and the absolute sound. others that I usually don't trust, are like Stereomojo, steretimes, daggo, etc..., their reviews mostly consist of saying hey, it is a good product ... without going through any concrete detail and or/and any comparisons. Once again this comment is only my personal opinion, not a rule.

As for this funny battle of Gold vs. Rhodium, one should express his/her system and related experience to inform other audiogon fellows on their path toward perfectness. If that experience is different compared to any other person, so be it!!! One could feel to be musically more connected toward a Gold ac plug or Rhodium Ac plug, so be it! Our audio systems and our taste for music genre, are different from one to another, therefore we might prefer Gold over Rh. and vice versa, so be it!!! I use mostly Gold plated Ac plugs, some Rhodium ones and very recently some Silver plated plugs, dependent on power cable material, source device, power conditioner, So be it !!! If someone is happy with his audio system plugged either with silver, Gold, Copper, bronze or Rhodium, SO BE IT!!!!