Roon/Bluesound Node - adding new DAC (non Roon-Ready)

Hi guys, 

I'm currently at the start of the 14 day trial of Roon; Roon is running on my PC in a wired network, using my Node as endpoint, with the remote app on my android tablet. 

All good at the moment, I'm enjoying using it, but in the next couple of days I'll be taking delivery of a new DAC;  it isnt a mainstream DAC, it's a built to order unit from a tiny, 2 man company here in the UK. I don't think they even ship their units outside of the UK, so I doubt they Roon-Ready.

I will be slotting in  the new DAC via SPDIF/Coax to my Node; my question is, how will the new DAC fit in to the processing stream if not recognised by Roon?

I'm obviously new to Roon so please forgive my ignorance. I've tried looking online, but I'm still not clear how the system will work after adding the new DAC, or if it will work at all? 

For reference, the DAC is from a company called NJC Audio, and is the NJC Reference DAC. It has no software/drivers, and is plug and play. 

Thanks for reading

128x128painter24

Just an additional question; the more I try and get my head around Roon, the more confused I'm becoming. 

Where is the actual Digital to Analogue conversion taking place? Is it;

a) at the Roon Core stage on my PC, which is then passed to the Node's analogue output stage or, 

b) via the Node's DAC after passing through Roon's DSP stage?

Thanks very much

Roon core organizes your streaming services and local music files.

Depending on your core computer, it will output digital music over Ethernet, or it may include an onboard DAC and output analogue.

typically roon core resides on a computer or roon nucleus computer, on your network.

your node is both a streamer and a DAC.  It can output usb digital music to another DAC, or it can output analogue.

if the DAC (roon endpoint)  is roon ready or tested, the endpoint will show up on the roon interface and be selectable.

I have never used a non roon ready DAC, but I believe it will work fine from your usb output of your roon ready node streamer.

hope that helps.

If the Node is connected over the network, it seems to me that Roon will see the Node as the endpoint, and it doesn’t matter what is connected to the Node’s digital outputs.

I have an Auralic Aries in my network and Roon recognizes it as Roon Ready, despite the Aries's digital output going to a unit Roon knows nothing about.