Seeking Bookshelf Recommendations

Looking for some new bookshelf speakers for a second system in a small bedroom.   The room is pretty well treated with 6 broadband absorption and 9 diffuser panels. I’m running Audio Mirror Reflection 45 mono blocks with a Canary preamp. Source will most likely be a Gustard R26 as both dac and streamer. I also have a pair of Rel t5i subs and Aperion dual firing super tweeters.  

Soundstaging and imaging are king for me. I want the biggest most dimensional sound I can afford.  My amp pairing is really smooth so I’m not looking for anything too warm.  I’d like something that is neutral but full in the lower mids and upper bass but also extended and airy in the treble.  My current Totem Arros do the soundstaging/imaging but are a little weak for me in the lower mids and upper bass.  Also I really value clarity and resolution as long as the magic isn’t lost of course. Basically I’m looking to have my cake and eat it too. My budget is around 3k and right now tops of my list are Fritz Carreras and Kef R3 metas. Also, Joseph Pulsars would be at the very top of my wish list but I’m trying to spend less unless it’s truly worth it.  Others that are lower on the list are Nola Boxers, Totem Signature Ones, Merlin TSM MMM, and maybe even one of the smaller Thiel floor standing speakers

As always I’m looking forward to everyone’s thoughts and hopefully there is at least a couple great speakers I’m missing. 

brylandgoodman

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I’ve actually owned the baby Harbeths before and they are great. I’m tempted to try them again now that the room is treated and I just might. Although, my gut says to get something that can play louder. Reference 3a is a big one that is on my radar but forgot to mention. Wish I liked their look a bit better but still would gladly try a pair if a pair comes up at a good price. Fritz is probably where i have been leaning and so far that seems like a good direction, but curious if anyone knows the differences between the original be tweets and the current ones he’s using?  Is one preferable to the other? 

There’s a pair of reference 3a reflectors on “the other audio site”. I’ve heard this guys pair and they are real real good and they are built like bomb shelters. I would snatch them up if I didn’t just buy speakers. Price is good as well. 

I used to have the KEF LS50 Meta + KEF KC62 sub in my small office, 12x11x9 (+ 4 extra feet in closet). That was very good. My Benchmark AHB2 was more than enough to drive them. I used a lot of other amps, and they all were good.

A year ago, I picked up the Magnepan LRS+ to try. They cost $1000 but need a lot of power. I have tried amps from the used $1000 PeachTree GAN400 (good) to the $16k CODA #16 (great).  

The LRS+ are 3 feet from the from wall and I am 8 feet away. The sound is huge, a wall of sound. There is depth to the sound because the panel radiates the sound in both directions.

I needed spend $300 to improve the sound with Magna Risers (feet). My minor complaint about the LRS+ is the details could be improved. There is a $300 cross over upgrade that is supposed to improve the minor issue I have with them. I am waiting on feedback from someone who got the cross over. I may get it if it is easy to install, otherwise, it is not a deal breaker. The LRS+ do too many good things.

I also feel it is easy to place the LRS+ in my room, the KEF LS50 Meta was also easy to place.

lots of choices here >>> speakerchoices.com

My list in the price range, including used would be Revel, Revival, Mofi and Sonner 

I’d have a look at Totem. They have several bookshelf speakers. I have a pair of Mites and a matching mini sub. They are wonderfully punchy and natural… beautifully crafted. Mine are cherry they are simply stunning and do great off center. Perfect for a spall bedroom.