Seeking Bookshelf Recommendations

Looking for some new bookshelf speakers for a second system in a small bedroom.   The room is pretty well treated with 6 broadband absorption and 9 diffuser panels. I’m running Audio Mirror Reflection 45 mono blocks with a Canary preamp. Source will most likely be a Gustard R26 as both dac and streamer. I also have a pair of Rel t5i subs and Aperion dual firing super tweeters.  

Soundstaging and imaging are king for me. I want the biggest most dimensional sound I can afford.  My amp pairing is really smooth so I’m not looking for anything too warm.  I’d like something that is neutral but full in the lower mids and upper bass but also extended and airy in the treble.  My current Totem Arros do the soundstaging/imaging but are a little weak for me in the lower mids and upper bass.  Also I really value clarity and resolution as long as the magic isn’t lost of course. Basically I’m looking to have my cake and eat it too. My budget is around 3k and right now tops of my list are Fritz Carreras and Kef R3 metas. Also, Joseph Pulsars would be at the very top of my wish list but I’m trying to spend less unless it’s truly worth it.  Others that are lower on the list are Nola Boxers, Totem Signature Ones, Merlin TSM MMM, and maybe even one of the smaller Thiel floor standing speakers

As always I’m looking forward to everyone’s thoughts and hopefully there is at least a couple great speakers I’m missing. 

brylandgoodman

I was really happy with my JBL 4309s, but then I found these, from a newer speaker company, and they blow my socks off. Check them out.

Revival Atalante 3

I think you should try the monitor audio platinum 100G3 very three-dimensional airy spacious and enveloping sound stage.

As you can see everyone has their favorites as speakers are the most subjective component. Read reviews to get a sense of the characteristic sound of speakers in your price range. Then go audition them at local audio stores. As most stores stream you can select your favorite tacks right from Tidal or Qobuz. If possible listen to another pair as a contrast to the one you’re focusing on. Or get a home trial. Don’t buy without listening or on the basis of a review.

In my experience I was very excited about Revel Speakers after reading reviews and watching Youtube Demos. The 128B3 was my primary target, There was a store about 45 minutes from me that had them on display. Once I heard them with Classical Music I new that their sound characteristics were not to my liking There were no other brands there that I was interested in so I left and went to a second store that carried my alternate, Harbeth, which I knew would probably have a completely different presentation. However I really wanted to hear the 30.3 Monitor and the C7es-XD. My target was the 30.3 and after an hour long comparison I selected the C7. So research. Create a short list and then listen, compare or get a home trial.