Seeking recommendations about material, design, makers of low-lying rack for gear

I'm looking to set up a new room with

• tube monoblocks (2)
  • preamp
  • streamer
  • DAC
  • CD transport.

I've wired the room so that the mono blocks can each sit on a stand behind each speaker.

Questions:

(1) I've been reading about good materials for the mono stands — maple? Other ideas? I would probably like to have them made locally if possible but would consider buying them from a company. Just don't want to pay an arm and leg. Ideas?

(2) I'd like to have a very low-to-the-floor rack in between the monos. Someday, I'll get the gear off to the side, but at the moment, the gear will be in between. Any suggestions regarding the design of this rack — materials? Purveyors?

Thank you.
128x128hilde45
Size and Weight?

My surround/stand can support up to 125 lbs each, 3 optional heights

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/9703

You can use any locally made top in lieu of the glass

I have another solution for larger, very heavy amps, I would need to confirm component availability if needed.

Nothing weighs very much. Light line stage preamp, DAC, streamer. Amps about 31 lb each but they'd go on platforms.
Two pieces of mdf or maple or combination of each. Use springs between the wood platforms. If you need leveling, add adjustable spikes under the bottom platform.