Several used sonos faber il cremonese for sale. why?

I've noticed lately that many used il cremones speakers by sonus faber are for sale lately.  And the price after being only 2 to 3 years old goes from a list of 55,000 all the way down to 25 to 30,000.  And they seem to be on sale for quite a while, and from dealers too.  I thought these were very nice speakers and don't understand why they're at such a discount and why many seem to be on sale these days.  I know the Amati g5 Sonos is supposed to be very good.  People aren't selling to buy the lower level g5 speaker.

I also know, and as openly acknowledged by sonos, the speakers are a lot more expensive because of all the design work to make them pretty. With these low used prices why would anyone pay 55,000 even if it's discounted by 10% or so? I know it's an older design speaker that hasn't been updated for a while but that may not be a problem.

Any thoughts about this as I was kind of interested in il cremonese. What's a good alternative speaker?

emergingsoul

I looked at the Ktemas and they were very impressive, however you can't biamp them, huge disappointment

May do just fine without that ability but I'm in a biamp phase.

@emergingsoul 

Are you talking about the newish I’l Cremonse EX3ME or an older model?  Either way, I can’t speak on the Il Cremonese, but I just put money down on a pair of the Sonus Faber Amato G5’s. I’ve had a loaner pair since Thursday and they really sound wonderful to me,  but for $25k, I would definitely have taken a chance on the Il Cremonese EX3ME.

@curiousjim

I’m not sure about the extremes they seem a bit too exotic and kind of rare since I didn’t make many and maybe for good reason.

They seem much better value around 30,000 and overpriced at 55. The G5 are supposed to be pretty darn good but I want more filling musical presence inside a room

G5 are probably overpriced too

@emergingsoul 

I'm sure that you're a nice guy, but I was in retail for years, and I can say with some certainty that you're the kind of customer that every salesperson hates.  

If you are just asking why there might be one or more sets for sale, the answer is pretty straight forward. People constantly buy audio gear, try it out, and move on. Maybe they didn't love it, but maybe they just want to try something new, or move to a new space and need a different setup, or need to downgrade for financial reasons, or... the possibilities are endless.

I have encountered people who seem to think along the lines of "if a product is so good, why would anyone be selling it on the used market?" Which seems like a weird question. No matter how nice the speaker, or amplifier, or turntable, it is virtually guaranteed that we will find a used example out there at some point. For all sorts of reasons. It says nothing about the quality of the actual product. Same thing with cars or pretty much anything else you can think of.