Shocked removed spikes, used blue tack, what other non spike footer

My floor standing speakers, monitor stands always came with spikes so I used them always, it's the way they were designed at least I thought. I know everyone can't do this because of there floor type, mine is hardwood over concrete slab. Bass, more natural tone( I'm a tone junkie)  gives the music a nice rhythm, may just be flavor of month but I'm really enjoying it. Highs maybe little rolled off, I just did it yesterday, maybe not as hifi, but no lose of information. Have other people experienced this.Can someone with my floor type suggest a nice reasonable priced non spiked footer, these are floorstander filled with shot so pretty heavy,maybe 70- 80 lb. thanks

paulcreed

Vandersteen has footers for his speakers.....I'm using them - cheap and an improvement

Wow, you had to go back to a 5 year old thread to find something more to complain about?

Necro-thread revival festival?

"Necro-thread revival festival?"

- Does not exist ....

Not everyone has gotten the memo yet.

@livinon2wheels 

What on Gods green earth are 'gravity waves'?????  From my study of physics, gravity is a constant force that exists in proportion to an objects mass. Thereby it is a constant for any given object. For gravity to be a wave the mass would have to vary at the frequency of the wave...how many objects do you know of that their mass or weight fluctuates in a wave-like fashion? Sorry not buying this concept at all.

​​​​​​​You might wanna give the Nobel Committee a heads-up before word gets out about their embarrassing mistake:

In 2017, the Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to Rainer WeissKip Thorne and Barry Barish for their role in the detection of gravitational waves