Should we care if a piece of equipment comes from a pet-free, kid-free, smoke-free home?

I agree that I do not want a preamp or speaker coated with a film of smoke, but I am confused as to what a child or pet could do that would not be otherwise visible. You would see the cat scratches on the speaker grill, the dog chew marks on the rack, the iguana turds in the amplifier cooling vents. And what's a little dog hair among friends? As a 3 year old, I supposedly put my finger through my grandfather's new DIY speaker but I'm pretty sure he replaced the drivers so even that doesn't really matter. Most things will be visible and/or easily remedied.  Maybe the price will even be a little lower because of the cosmetics. If it doesn't mess with function, not a big deal to me.

What concerns me more is does it come from a drunk-free, drug-free home.  I think befuddled owners are far more worrisome than pets or children.

tcutter

Lots of words though.

The words never cease. And they never really say anything at all.

Why not speaking to me in my face instead of  insinuating in my back?

By the way are you saying that my explanation of commom roots for fascim and communism in materialist techno-cultism dont say much at all ?

You knew already where this "market" idea was born and why ?

You already linked it to the idea of Calvinism ?

😊

Have you read and understood Bernard Mandeville before i mentionned it here?

Have you already coupled it with rené Girard ?

No.... Then shut up trolling people in their back and claiming in an hypocrital way that i said nothing ...

thanks...

Lots of words though.

The words never cease. And they never really say much at all.

Post removed 

As an elite eastern university graduate I was taught to banish ignorance with reason.  Alas, I have found that open discussion only makes some wrap their ignorance more tightly around themselves.  Extremism in the defense of extremism is a vice.