Simaudio Moon w5.3se

I see that a prominent online retailer is now offering these at 50% off. Im interested in trying one due to the 30 day return policy. Cant seem to find much info of relevance on this piece. Anyone own or have experience with this piece?
winoguy17
Winoguy17-
Do you find the Sim 5.3SE to be overwhelming in the bass on the MS4s?

{I have a 16x22x9 foot mutipurpose room = 350 ft squared [tv room with large couch, computer desk-everything room for my one bedroom aptmt}
I have heard/owned the W3 and W7. I liked the W3 better because it was warmer sounding. How about the W5.3 SE, is it warmer or is it like the newer trend towards more transparency and detail, which sounds great on well recorded material, but not so much on other recordings that a most of us own a lot of?
Well, at the risk of sounding wishy-washy,I'll say both. I can really only compare it to what it replaced ( McCormack dna225) which I thought was a great amp. The Sim has added a level of finer detail that I never noticed before,and it also seems to put more space between instruments. It does not do this at the expense of sounding forward,hyper,or fatiguing. I think it is very balanced, having excellent bass and treble extension,but I would not refer to it in either extreme ( warm vs hyper detailed). Does that make any sense?!