So you think wire conductors in cables are directional? Think again...

Here is a very relevant discussion among physicists about the directionality...the way signal and electrons should flow... based on conductor orientation. Some esoteric, high-end manufacturers say they listen to each conductor to see which way the signal should flow for the best audio quality.

Read this discussion. Will it make you rethink what you’re being told and sold?

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/is-a-copper-conductor-directional.975195/
edgewound
All over the country,  everyday,  electricians run copper wire from panel box to receptacle or light fixture. If one day an electrician yanked the wire out going to a light fixture turned it around and proclaimed 'wow that lights brighter', I think it's safe to say all the other electricians are going to want more than one guys word. Yet here it's backwards world, I hear veils lifted and soundstages widen, How? I reversed a wire. Well,  that's all the proof i need. 
Before the advent of testing equipment, that's how the world ran, and pretty well too. Lots of science laid down to go by and all without a scope, monitor, or gauge.

All the best,
Nonoise
Yeah, that's how they built the Pyramids a nearsighted guy on a sand dune saying , "no move that block a little to the right". We don't need no stinking measuring devices or levers.