Sonus faber center speaker as front?

My dealer is offering a pair of sonus faber vox tradition center speakers

at a freakin unbelievable price.

my question is: can i use this pair as a front speakers in an stereo

setup? Do i have to place it vertically? Any cons?

thanks

supermerio

tried it with different similar design speakers, never liked it...I do like a center channel speaker for mono FM radio... there are some older threads here on this topic...

In addition to the comments already made, my major concern would be bass delivery. Most center channel speakers don’t deliver lower than 45 HZ, where most floor standing speakers will drop into the low 30’s even the 20’s. Unless you plan to supplement with a sub woofer. And if you were to set them up vertically, how would you accomplish that 

The dealer obviously wants to sell them, see if you will let you take the money home to see how they interact with your room

I have been wondering the same for L / C / R being replaced by C / C / C but I would be shopping for something likely from one of Paradigm lines.

I first gave this some consideration with some used (I refuse to call the 1990s or 2000s as "vintage gear."  A buddy suggested doing this with Emotiva sealed center speakers.  He knows I am waiting delivery of a 3rd subwoofer. 

Theo

If in case it do work out vertically, i would definitely

Have to add subwoofer. I think the best way is to

also raise the subwoofer.