SOTA NOVA, HR-X VPI, Technics 1200G recommendations?

I am considering SOTA NOVA, used HR-X VPI and Technics 1200G TTs. I have an old SOTA STAR with vacuum, (and essentially a Jelco 750 arm-retipped Denon 103R) so I know its high quality and durability. Technics apparently has performance that far exceeds its $4000 price tag. For tonearms, I am down to Jelco 850M and old FR-64S. I am considering low compliance cartridges. For VPI, it would be JMW 12 or 3D. Changing the tonearms seems to be more of a hassle on VPI. What are your thoughts and recommendations?
128x128chungjh
@mijostyn, and anyone else,

The article Dr. A. M. Max, Disc Phonograph Records, Max, RCA Engineer Magazine 1966-08-09 1966-08-09.pdf (worldradiohistory.com) derives the same formulas addressed in the Studio Sound and Broadcast Engineering, July 1975 but takes it further showing the derivation and calculation of the forces/pressures the stylus exerts on the record taking into account basic record material properties; with spherical stylus at 2.5 gm VTF able to develop over 65,000 psi. The ’forces’ involved in record playback are just amazing. The fact the record playback is still valid today is a real tribute to the scientists & engineers and the associated corporate R&D centers that did the heavy lifting 50 yrs ago.

PS/In may last post, I should have said  "...NEUMANN are rated at 500W/channel and the cutting head has to be helium cooled to achieve highest groove-stylus-velocity."  There is always 2 different velocities - the record velocity as it moved under the stylus and then the stylus velocity as it traces the groove amplitude/displacement/modulation up/down and side-to-side.

I like the term linear velocity vs groove velocity. Yup if you look at a Neumann lathe it is obvious that there is some serious stuff going on with the head. That they can keep the whole mess quiet is more amazement.
Thanx for the article antinn.
@antinn, Dr Max looks just like Harpo! Fun to read older rags like this. Those were the Dynagroove days:-)
This is a fascinating post.  I am quite enjoying this.  thanks all

For a newbie (I am definitely not one), this would be daunting.  I imagine this turns off potential turntable/cartridge/tone arm/phono stage buyers.

It reminds me of that old Saturday Night Live episode where they had a skit about the George Bush (Jr.) election debate and asked him a question. The response makes me laugh even today.

I was told there would be no math.

enjoy.
That they can keep the whole mess quiet is more amazement.
A fair amount of feedback is used. Its not for linearity so much as to insure channel separation. My Westerex setup uses 30dB.