Speaker cabels for dark sounding speakers?

Hej

My speakers are considered to be dark sounding and it has been OK with me until I replaced my easy chair with a small couch. Now the sound has turned a little too dark/muffled/dead. So I'm thinking maybe if I replaced my speaker cables with some other. Yes, I know it's a long shot, especially when my current cables are Kimber 8TC. But what do you say? Smaller carpet? Just don't say bring back the easy chair or buy new speakers :)
simna
Why no more information: What speakers, what amp? how long are the cables? What placement? (distance from alls?)
It may sound dark because you are using the wrong cables!
Specify the required information and I'll tell you how to make it work for you.

Oh come on that’s silly. Silver cables? That’s going to make no difference.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Yup that’s me, silly.. Yes it makes a difference. If YOU can’t hear it. I understand. But it’s not nice to tell folks what they can hear because you can’t.. Do you understand that. You are RUDE.

Silver clad with a teflon cover, mill spec will work just fine...

He needed an option, for a tonal change. I offered a solution that works VERY well if you know what your doing, and CAN HEAR. Mr Design.. LOL

No regards, rude person...
Well, obviously, if a speaker has treble settings, they should be tried first! 

As to whether anyone believes that silver/coper makes a difference, who cares? If they want mediocre systems due to obstinate, fine, let them. Someone has to be in the bottom half of the distribution of systems, and they do a fine job of it!  :) 

Believing that using silver instead of copper is going to magically impact frequency response of a speaker is what happens when people who don’t understand how things work are influenced by others. Call it power of suggestion, call it placebo effect. You may even believe for a period of time it made a difference but just like a sugar pill won’t cure a cold eventually you realize nope, I am still sick and nope, my speakers still sound dark. The well established properties of materials don't change because some audiophile who does not know better thinks they do.