Speaker cable change??

Was curious (still again) concerning speaker wires and their sound effect in relation to my current rig. using original  (Grover Huffman) SX bi wired to my Slant 6s  (only) if I were to change what would you recommend? Since I am, I want to retain detail but still have full smooth sound and pick up additional enhancement in the bottom realm and since I'm using ARC CD 3 Mk 2 and DSi200 I was just trying to see if I could find a balanced compromise as I do know Silver would be smooth but, would probably brighten the sound more and not necessarily enhance the lower registers as I want? Would a hybrid be a better choice to achieve this?

Budget is a consideration, any suggestions from owners that have had usage with these types of gear? 

Ray

rsjm80

Hi Ray,

I ran Apogee Slant 8’s for many years. They are incredibly good speakers for the money. Audio Research is also a great compliment to them as it is really easy to have them sound really lean… with just too much resolving power.

Budget silver can sound really harsh. With those speakers I don;t recommend it

I would definitely look at Cardas. I used Golden Reference… although with the ARC that might not be required. If I was you I would try Cardas Clear Reflections, they should do exactly what you are requesting.

While the rule of thumb was speaker cost be around 30% of your total system. I found that Apogee’s could support electronics way beyond this! I think at one time each of my components were of greater cost than my speakers. I have experience with Baby Grand and Grand as well.

I highly recommend if you can afford it some day to get an Audio Research tube amp to power these. This will add a whole new dimension to what they can do.